Updated: Jan 12, 2021
What happens to your skin during your 40’s and 50's?
During your 40’s ad 50’s, like most parts of your body will go through ageing. You will observe:
1. Decrease collagen production and skin starts to thin
2. Fine lines look deeper due to the gradual loss of fatty tissue
3. Scars do not heal as quickly and increased risk of skin infection
4. Skin start looking dull due to slower skin cell turnover rate
5. You start seeing the trauma you put your skin through in past. Sun damage, spots, pigmentations and wrinkles.
Your skin appearance in every depends largely on your genes, how you look after it and lifestyle.
It is never too late to start a skincare regime. Nobody can turn back the clock but we can certainly provide what our skin needs to optimise and maintain skin health.
What causes skin ageing?
All of us goes through the ageing of our body and mind. We age at different speed depending on our genetic makeup, how well we look after our skin and lifestyle.
To more about the cause of skin ageing and the Do’s and Don’ts to delay skin ageing, read our
Skin ageing causes blog.
What are the key contributing factors to skin damages? To read more about how these factors accelerate ageing and what you can do, read the 5 key skin damaging factors blog.
1. Sun exposure
2. Free radical
4. Lack of sleep and stressful lifestyle
5. Poor nutrition
It is never too late to start a proper routine skin care routine. We believe the skin care routine should not stress you out and should be streamlined, effective and enjoyable. Before you invest in skincare, understand your skin condition so you can better address the problems you may be experiencing.
4 keys factors to look out for to repair damages and delay skin ageing
1. Exfoliation to speed up cell turnover
2. Antioxidant to counter free radicals
3. Collagen boosting/ dermis supporting ingredients
4. Hydration with higher content occlusive ingredients.
What ingredients should you look out for?
AHA* includes Glycolic acid, Lactic acid, Malic acid, Tartaric Acid, Citric Acid, Mandelic Acid
At Indomitable Beauty, we believe all genders, ages, colours are beautiful. We celebrate differences which makes us unique and not a perfect flawless and poreless image we see everywhere. Own your skin but aim for excellent skin health and be an Indomitable Beauty.
Learn more about:
#indomitablebeauty #glowingskintips #glowingskinisin #skinstructure #skinknowledge #niacidamine #prematureaging #acneingredients #skinhydration #retinol #retina #prematureaging #skintip #realbeautyrealwomen